Welcome to the Rotopeka

This is the online place for the Rotopeka.

Monday, July 14, 2008

From the Editor

I hope you have noticed the changes. Beginning this month, you will notice that the Rotopeka, the Rotary Website and the club email, now the Topeka Rotary Club eNews all have a similar look and feel.

You might sense an almost vintage or nostalgic look to the new design. That is intentional. It reflects the rich history of Rotary and those who have served to make this organization great. But at the same time, it reflects the future of Rotary and the digital revolution.

Profiled on the Rotary website is a Rotary International video from YouTube which is one example of how Rotary is moving into the future through digital communications. The new Rotary Club of Topeka website will bring video and other web-based content designed to connect you to services of Rotary in new and exciting ways.

This month’s cover is an actual screen capture of the new website depicted with an artists hand, brush and pallet. You will see the brushstrokes throughout the website and other publications. It’s usage is symbolic of the artistic expression I hope to bring to the Rotary publications.

When I began this effort a few years ago, I found a project that I truly enjoyed and I hope that you find this issue and new design to be fresh and innovative. It’s part of my ongoing effort of continual improvement and I hope that you can see this result.

I would like to thank John Christenson for his hard work and efforts over the past several years on the website and the club email. John was extremely helpful during the transition and I appreciate his help.

So here is to a new year of Rotary and one I am very excited to begin.

No comments: